Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?


My career is just barely beginning. As of today I have freelance experience in video editing, live audio engineering, and music mixing and mastering. I have held an internship at KTNV Channel 13 as a production assistant for The Morning Blend. I am a senior at the Art Institute of Las Vegas and expect to graduate in December. 

I am going to work in the film and music industries. My short-term goal is to advance my experience in live sound. I have worked at E-Strings bar and grill as the sound engineer for a three-month battle of the bands. Recently I started working as an on-call sound engineer at The Cheyenne Saloon. The Cheyenne Saloon attracts nearly every local band, and also many nationally touring bands. I plan to use my growing experience in live sound as a means to get a job that will sustain a lifestyle.

Simultaneously I plan to intern at as many studios as possible in order to get to my ultimate goal of being a music composer for visual media. Ultimately I want to become a film composer or work in music branding and advertising.  

No comments:

Post a Comment