Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?


In the past three yeas of school I have learned how to approach the field of audio. It is an immense field with an abundance of opportunities, and I accept the challenge of being open to as many of those opportunities as possible. I have also learned about the work ethic that is involved in becoming successful in this field. I believe that this field must be a hobby and passion as well as a job choice. The individuals that I look up to in this industry are life long fans of their field. They love what they do. And I have learned how to love what I do.

So when thinking about the sacrifices that I would make for my career it becomes clear to me that I have already made many of those sacrifices. I have not been to many family gatherings in my three years. I have missed Christmas’, Halloweens, and, many birthdays along the way. I’ve changed as an individual because of this.

I am willing to sacrifice new friendships, but not old ones.
I am willing to sacrifice sleep, but not health.
I am willing to sacrifice the finer aspects of life for gear and software.
I am willing to trade old ways of having fun for new ways of having fun.
I am willing to live in solitude.
I am willing to work tirelessly.
I am not willing to sacrifice my personality.
I am not willing to sacrifice quality for good enough.
I am willing to sacrifice old bad habits for new good ones.
I am willing to sacrifice workflow for the sake of a good job.
I am willing to sacrifice a secure day job for a well-paid gig.
I am willing to sacrifice the better part of my personal life while I am young so I can enjoy my success when I am older.

No comments:

Post a Comment